The latest episode of my podcast is now available! We will talk a bit about my childhood seamstress, blogging, sewing and how it all got started.
I am not very good about sharing personal stories. I love to read other people’s stories, but for some reason it always seems less important that I share my own story. In this episode of the Style Blues podcast, I talk a bit about how I learned to sew and what inspired me to go to design school. Perhaps listening my blog story will inspire someone else!
Blogging history and story behind my lifestyle blog Designers Sweet Spot.
Your 10 Biggest Sewing Mistakes
- Not pre-washing your fabric first
- Not believing in yourself, it’s not rocket science
- Buying the wrong size pattern
- Not measuring correctly
- Not making pattern adjustments
- Not placing the grainline correctly
- Using the wrong type of fabric for the pattern.
- Using a machine that hasn’t been serviced
- Using the wrong needle
- Using the wrong thread
Don’t forget to Pin this for later!