This post contains affiliate links. By making a purchase I will receive a small commission at no additional charge to you. Thank you for your support!
Hemming Suit Coat Sleeves
I first shared this post several years ago on my original blog, Designers Sweet Spot. Today, I decided to share it with all of you!
- good quality sewing thread (cotton works best)
- sewing machine (straight stitch only, don’t panic),
- press cloth or dish towel
- tailor’s chalk
- 1 roll fusible interfacing approximately 1″ wide (I’ve been using this particular brand for years without complaints!)
11. Time to slip stitch the lining to the hem. Using a needle and thread, pick up only a thread or two of the wool sleeve and then the same amount of the lining. If you are not much for hand sewing, remember the lining won’t show. If you pick up more of the lining fabric at first it’s okay. Just be sure that your stitches are not visible on the outside of the sleeve.
Finishing the Hem
If you enjoyed this post, here are a few other projects you will love: