This headband is easy to make with the Cricut Maker! Just 5 steps to a finished project that will take less than 1/2 hour to make!
5 Step Easy Headband
It’s super easy to make a headband with the Cricut Maker! This project is already in the Cricut Design space so it doesn’t take long to download it and put it together. I made this headband from some fabric scraps leftover from my last project. You will need about 1/4 yard of cotton fabric for this project, and 6″ of 1/2″ narrow elastic.
Download the Simplicity Headband pattern to your Cricut Maker.
Apply your fabric to your pink fabric cutting mat. Cut the pieces with your Cricut machine. It’s really easy! Then you are ready to sew!
- Stitch along the long edges of the large rectangle with 1/4″ hem. Turn and stitch again over your first row of stitching.
- Gather the ends of the rectangle with a basting stitch, pull up threads.
- Make the elastic casing. I changed the construction slightly from the Simplicity directions, just fold the small rectangle into thirds with the elastic inside and zig zag stitch over the top. Easy Peasy!
- Attach large rectangle ends to ends of elastic piece with a single needle stitch 3.0.
- Fold the small square pieces into thirds, secure over the seam where the elastic is attached to the headband with a few more zig zag stitches.
That’s all there is to it! This project is perfect addition for your self care routine. Hold your hair back when you are washing your face, applying makeup, having a facial, etc. You can also wear it to the grocery store on those bad hair days! My Cricut blogger friends have gotten together to post about some other self care ideas that you can make with a Cricut. Click on the link below to see what else you can make to pamper yourself with your Cricut!
Don’t forget to Pin it!
Need more inspiration? Try these other projects: